Saying your sorry is just another smoke screen many times it is only words without repentance. True repentance comes when one reveals a change of heart and obedience to the commandments of G-d. A front is a facade for evil to hide behind. For example, the dry-cleaners may have a back room that cuts heroin and deals drugs out of the back door.
Apologies by Pope John Paul II
– The conquest of by Spain in the name of the Church
– The legal process on the Italian scientist and philosopher , himself a devout Catholic, around 1633 (31 October 1992).
– Catholics’ involvement with the (9 August 1993).
– The Church’s role in and the that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the ).
– The injustices committed against women, the violation of women’s rights and for the historical denigration of women (10 July 1995, in a letter to “every woman”).
– The inactivity and silence of many Catholics during the (16 March 1998)
– For the execution of in 1415 (18 December 1999 in Prague). When John Paul II visited Prague in 1990s, he requested experts in this matter “to define with greater clarity the position held by Jan Hus among the Church’s reformers, and acknowledged that “independently of the theological convictions he defended, Hus cannot be denied integrity in his personal life and commitment to the nation’s moral education.” It was another step in building a bridge between Catholics and Protestants.
– For the sins of Catholics throughout the ages for violating “the rights of and peoples, and [for showing] contempt for their cultures and religious traditions”. (12 March 2000, during a public Mass of Pardons).
– For the actions of the in 1204, though not for the Crusades themselves, as is often claimed. (4 May 2001, to the ).
On 20 November 2001, from a laptop in the Vatican, Pope John Paul II sent his first e-mail apologising for the , the Church-backed “ ” of Aboriginal children in Australia, and to for the behaviour of Catholic missionaries in .This is an excerpt from the article Apologies by Pope John Paul II from the Wikipedia free encyclopedia. A list of authors is available at Wikipedia.
45 total views, 3 views today